Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feelings

Feelings are like truths
Try to change them with words
Muddled they become
Like waters from a still pond
When stirred by playful cherubs

But suddenly words have left me
And so have the cherubs the pond
The waters are still now
And lo! Staring back at me
I see my reflection

The face in water smiles
And I smile back at it
We both know these smiles
Of loss, despair and desolateness
Brought along by words telling feelings

Not all your words were untrue
Yet the feelings behind them true
You are a wonderful painter
Yet you chose the dark side
Mostly prompted by my unwise themes

My themes changed from bright
For I wished to set everything right
Realized this was chimerical
Only too late, sadly too late
For now, the paint is dry

What memory retains though
Are your paintings set in colours
All bright and pure and often shiny
Much like your inner beauty
And the green of your eyes.

Dadhichi

No comments: